With more than 70 years experience in innovation in the wire and cable industry, Fountain Cable & Wire has a rich history. From humble beginnings, to one of the premier wire and cable manufacturers in the world, FCWC has continued to push the envelope of possibilites. Many of FCWC's innovations have become world-wide industry standards, and today are taken for granted. Today, FCWC continues to pursue new ways to manufacture world-class cables capable of not only meeting, but exceeding, our customers' requirements. With FCWC, you can be assured that new products, processes, and innovations are just around the corner.
- 1939Samuel Moore Company starts in Ohio.
- 1949FCWC brand is introduced.
- 1962FCWC innovates low voltage electircal signaling transmission technology.
- 1967FCWC creates Ripstrip Termination for easy jacket stripping.
- 1968FCWCbon® Direct Burial Cable with moisture barrier for chemical and lightning protection is introduced.
- 1969FCWC patents Isolated Shields for Electrical Wire, providing EMI protection.
(US Patent No. 3,474,186)
- 1970FCWC introduces Protectopac Instrumentation Cable, a first-gen Circuit Integrity Cable.
- 1975FCWC innovates Direct Burial cables.
- 1978Eaton purchases Samuel Moore Company.
- 1981FCWC introduces the first non-black CPE jackets to the industry.
- 1982FCWC pioneers the use of Zero-Halogen thermoset jackets.
- 1983FCWC introduces non-fluoropolymer Plenum Cables.
- 1987Furon purchases Samuel Moore Company from Eaton.
- 1989FCWC introduces Circuit Integrity Cables with a Fire Resistance rating of 750°C.
- 1992FCWC pioneers the use of Fieldbus technology and expands the available cable range.
- 1995FCWC introduces Circuit Integrity Cables meeting IEC and BS standards.
- 1998FCWC innovates the use of XLPE for PLTC and ITC cables.
- 1999Fountain Group purchases FCWC.
- 2005Fountain Cable & Wire, Inc is founded.
- 2008FCWC launches its Gardex® aluminum armored line of products.
- 2010Fountain Cable & Wire pioneers the creation of ITC-ER and PLTC-ER fieldbus cables.
- 2011Fountain Cable & Wire LLC is formed.
- 2014FCWC joins RSCC as part of the Fountain Specialty Wire Group.
- 2015FCWC introduces FCWCFlex® product line.